Travelling is one of the most epic things one has to do in their life. Travelling and exploring is like an addiction; there is no stopping you once you start travelling. Travelling is all fun and joyous experience, but it is that expensive also to visit other countries. But if you are looking for cheaper countries to visit from India, we got you. So let us see some of the countries that you can visit which are pocket-friendly.
List of Top cheapest countries to visit from India
Are you stuck between choosing the mountains of the Himalayas and the deep forest? Then Nepal is the best option for you; it has tremendous wildlife and spiritual culture. And if you ever want to escape in a land with peace, then this place is a perfect option for you. Nepal is first on the list of the best cheapest countries to visit from India.
Nepal is the ultimate adventure destination if you enjoy outdoor activities. You can enjoy the mountain adventures like trekking, and you can also explore the vast forests of Nepal. Visiting Nepal is one of the most outstanding options, and it is also the cheapest and nearest country to visit from India. Calculating the average budget visiting Nepal can cost you 400 to ₹700 per day.
- Visa is not required for Indian tourists. However, you can carry a passport, water ID.
- You can book the cheapest flight to Kathmandu that will cause you around ₹3900 from Delhi, or you can travel by road, train, bus, or you can drive.
- To see Nepal at its best, go from October to December
- One Nepalese rupee is equal to 0.62 INR
2. Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is among the neighbouring counties of India. As it is closer to India than other countries, the travelling cost is also relatively less and because of this Sri Lanka comes under the cheap places to visit from India. Many budget-friendly packages are available on sites like make my trip, clear trip, Ibibo, etc. The beaches of Sri Lanka are undoubtedly among the best in the world.
Sri Lankan food is considered mouth-watering and full of various flavours. And the Ramayana connection adds to the fun; Sri Lanka is where Ravana abducted Sita, wife of Ram, off. In Hindu books, Lanka is said to be the ruling place of the demon Ravana who Rama defeated. So Sri Lanka has both a cultural and historical past.
- The travel cost to Sri Lanka starts from a pretty affordable price on many trip package sites.
- Per day the average cost of food, sightseeing, and travelling is around 2000 INR.
- If you choose a hotel to stay in, then the cost per night will be an average of 1000 INR
- In Sri Lanka, you can use the train transportation method, and the train will only cost you around 150 INR. You can also experience some amazing views while travelling by train.
- There is no better time of year to visit Sri Lanka than between December and March
- 1 Sri Lankan rupees is equal to 0.37 INR
3. The Philippines
The Philippines is considered a dream paradise for all beach lovers. Philippine consist of an average of 700 islands with lush green forest and other historical monuments with amazing beaches. A trip to the Philippines can never be missed on anyone’s travel agenda. You can also stay at local travel at local and can also have food at minor expenses. However, the Philippines cost you the major expensive flight ticket on the trip to this country. However, it is highly affordable for all the people looking for the cheapest country to visit from India.
- Passports are required for Indians.
- A tourist visa can only be obtained by passengers with a passport.
- The Philippines has the shortest distance from India, which is 4631 kilometers. It takes around 5.14 hours to arrive in the Philippines by flight.
- The Philippines are at their best between December and February
- One Philippine peso is equal to 1.39
Indonesia has the most beautiful destination located, and that beautiful destination is named Bali. While Bali might be Indonesia’s most popular tourist destination, there are several other places to visit as well. Indonesia is considered a home of volcanoes, beautiful and massive beaches, and high mountains ranges. Indonesia is one of those countries that cannot be skipped whenever you plan to visit internationally. On an average budget, it will cost you ₹1000 to ₹15,000 per day. Therefore, Indonesia is one of the cheapest countries to travel for Indian.
- Indian citizen does not require any visa.
- Indonesia covers a distance of 4483 kilometers from India, and it takes around 5 hours.
- There is no better time to visit Indonesia than between April and October
- 190 Indonesian rupiah is equal to one INR
Vietnam is also considered one gem in Southeast Asia. It covers the Green Mountains and the most happening cities with amazing beaches. A rich history and a diagnostic heritage make this country famous. You can easily spend your vacation on an average budget, and this country is quite pocket-friendly. The country will cost you around ₹1000 per night if you stay in hostels, and it will cost you about ₹800 to 900 or a mid-range restaurant.
You can apply for a Vietnam visa by the simple online procedure.
The distance between India and Vietnam is 3094.38 kilometers, and you will arrive in four hours and 20 minutes.
February to April and October to August is the best time to visit Vietnam
323 Vietnamese Dong is equal to 1 INR
Laos is a country with a palette of all shades of green, and it is located in Southeast Asia. This country consists of dark forests and bright green rice fields with tea leaves on mountains. This country consists of the most beautiful landscapes, making it more attractive and satisfying to the eyes. The government is a follower of Buddhist monasteries and French culture. Staying add Laos will hardly cost you around ₹400 to ₹800 per night, and food is highly affordable and has high-range restaurants or on-street foods. Also, you can rent bikes for self sightseeing and renting will cost you around 300 to 350 rupees.
- Indian tourists can get visas on arrival or by completing the formalities at the embassy in Delhi.
- Getting to Laos from India will take 9 hours, as there are 2572 kilometers between the two countries.
- From October to April, you can enjoy a wonderful vacation in Laos.
- 123 Lothian kips is equal to 1 INR
One of the closest countries to India, Bhutan is also known as the world’s happiest country. Bhutan is a must-visit country if you enjoy peace and relaxation. This is the apt country to choose for solo trips. Besides being cheap, Bhutan is also a popular travel destination from India.
Bhutan is known for its natural beauty; this is the best place to choose as a travel destination if you want to recharge your batteries. There are lots of monasteries and monk temples to visit in Bhutan. Bhutan is one of the safest countries a person can visit, and crime is a very uncommon thing in Bhutan. There are no petty crimes also. As Bhutan is located on the southern slopes of the Himalayas, most of the roads are pretty much curves. While visiting Bhutan, you should spend at least 5 nights and 6 days there.
- Getting a passport to visit Bhutan isn’t a problem because you don’t need one.
- Hotels and homestays will charge between 1500-2000 INR.
- The cost per day for one person will be around 200-500 INR.
Now that you know the top cheapest countries to visit from India, all that’s left to do is book your ticket and pack your bags. And have a very good time in one of these amazing places.
Also Check, Low Budget Tourist Places in South India